The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Processors to support the Federal Aviation Administration, Western Service Area (WSA) team.
This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center (WSC) Operations Support Group (OSG) in Des Moines, WA. The candidate will provide support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC), and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional offices.
Primary duties emphasize support to Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations in the NAS by coordination of those activities with the Federal Aviation Administration other users of the National Airspace System (NAS).
Routine duties may include:
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) expertise by evaluating applications for Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COA) to access the NAS with UAS.
- Conduct feasibility analysis in coordination with Air Traffic (AT) facilities, writing and coordinating Special Provisions to define flight operations, and review and distribution of final approved COA’s.
- Provide SME support for proponent and FAA facility inquiries regarding the COA process, requirements, and operating areas.
- Provide review, recommendations, research, and analysis of UAS activities, requirements, and processes.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) expertise and support on UAS policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Substantial knowledge of aviation operations and/or airspace management derived from experience as a certified Air Traffic Controller, pilot, aircrew or military.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Position requires approximately 10% travel.
- Requires Bachelors degree and 4+ of prior relevant experience OR Master's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be accepted/considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations in the National Airspace Systems (NAS).
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.