We are excited to announce our opening for a Material Planner on our Materials Management team in our Aiea, HI location! This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for the Pacific Air Forces C5ISRO II program within the Leidos Defense Business Line. Must have the ability to work with Program Management Team in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, Materials Management, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met.
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Maintains reports and monitor material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
- Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take throughout the materials management and sourcing process that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Places orders through purchasing cards within a specific spend threshold/limit.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members. Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and at least 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Has full understanding of concepts, principles and industry practices within own discipline. Has deep understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Great organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Security Clearance
- Buying experience
- Supply Chain Management experience
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) knowledge or experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements for price and source justification requirements at appropriate levels for purchasing card orders
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.