Leidos Inc., has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to support our growing business.
The Environmental Engineer will work under the supervision of Senior Staff providing office and field support for environmental assessment, investigation, remediation, and monitoring at sites impacted by petroleum, chlorinated solvents, PFAS or other contaminants. Projects include field engineering, remediation system design and construction, remediation system optimization, remediation system maintenance and operation, site characterization (soil and groundwater), and well installation/abandonment.
- Performing Environmental Site Assessments, remedial investigations and/or feasibility studies
- Database management; implementing and analyzing aquifer tests
- Writing Remedial Investigation Reports, Remedial Action Work Plans and other technical reports.
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns
- Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports and geological maps based on the findings
- Participates in the identification and design of viable remedial solutions consistent with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Collection, documentation, compilation, and interpretation of project data for management review and subsequent incorporation into project documents
- Ability to gather and organize project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports, and provide recommendations without assistance
- Participate in a broad variety of civil/environmental engineering assignments, related to environmental permitting/remediation/compliance, stormwater management, site design, etc
- Conduct field work (e.g., soil and groundwater sampling)
- Prepare supporting documentation and reports (e.g., engineering calculations, regulatory compliance reports, SWPP Plans, SPCC Plans, Tier II Reports, TRI Reports)
- Bachelor's degree in environmental/civil/engineering or related science degree
- 2-5 years of engineering consulting experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess solid technical and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to accept occasional short and long term field assignments
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Eligibility for or possession of EIT certification and willingness to obtain Professional Engineering license, when eligible
- Candidate will be required to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel.
- Must have, or be able to obtain shortly after hire, OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (e.g., ability to perform fieldwork at hazardous waste sites).
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification) are desirable, but not required. Successful candidate will be required to take 40-hour HAZWOPER training and be entered into the medical monitoring program upon hire.
- Additional trainings and certifications related to the environmental field are desired and should be noted (e.g., Certified Asbestos Inspector).
- Experience with knowledge of remediation technologies and remediation systems.
- Proficiency in field documentation, technical report writing, and analysis skills.
- Prior fieldwork experience a plus.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.