Leidos Inc., has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to support our growing business.
The Environmental Engineer will work under the supervision of Senior Staff providing office and field support for environmental assessment, investigation, remediation, and monitoring at sites impacted by petroleum, chlorinated solvents, PFAS or other contaminants. Projects include field engineering, remediation system design and construction, remediation system optimization, remediation system maintenance and operation, site characterization (soil and groundwater), and well installation/abandonment.
- The successful candidate will work on and lead a variety of interesting site investigation, remediation and other industrial projects
- Lead remedial alternatives evaluation and selection, treatability studies and field pilot testing, remedial design, permitting, remediation construction management, and remedial system operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance monitoring and improvement for industrial projects under various southeastern US state and Federal regulatory programs
- Lead civil/environmental engineering, design and permitting support for pipeline development/maintenance, renewable energy, and other site development projects
- Lead engineering, design and permitting support for water/wastewater and energy conservation projects to help clients realize their sustainability goals, which may involve designing and ultimately constructing water and/or wastewater treatment system
- Lead preparation of project documents such as work plans, reports, tables, figures, design and specifications, supporting calculations, and construction bid packages/comparisons
- Focus on team project delivery, working with a project team and taking direction primarily from Project Managers
- Lead proposal, scope, schedule and budget preparation, and client/business development activities
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments
- Assist in maintaining strong health and safety performance and compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Communicate with subcontractors, site/facility personnel, client contacts, and regulators during field activities
- Bachelors degree and 8+ or more years of relevant experience
- PE required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols
- Willingness/interest in periodic travel as may be necessary for various projects
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines
- Candidate will be required to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel.
- Must have, or be able to obtain shortly after hire, OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (e.g., ability to perform fieldwork at hazardous waste sites).
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification) are desirable, but not required. Successful candidate will be required to take 40-hour HAZWOPER training and be entered into the medical monitoring program upon hire.
- Additional trainings and certifications related to the environmental field are desired and should be noted (e.g., Certified Asbestos Inspector).
- Experience with knowledge of remediation technologies and remediation systems. Proficiency in field documentation, technical report writing, and analysis skills. Prior fieldwork experience a plus.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.