Leidos is looking for a .NET Developer to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Note: The candidate will be working remote full-time due to the current COVID situation and will be expected to report in Washington DC office minimum 2 days/wk in future. The candidate should be flexible to attend in person meetings with the customer when needed
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Analysis, design, development, implementation and support of FAA’s missioncritical applications using .NET technologies
- Development of enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed (n-tier) architecture that interact with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance
- Design system and program test data, debug programs using appropriate system tools and ensure system and program results are accurate to meet specifications
- Work with agile development team on release planning, sprint planning, scoping, and engaging with customers
- Verify accuracy, safety, and completeness of projects by implementing comprehensive unit testing with sample data
- Provide daily customer and production support including production issues, enhancements, maintenance and training
- Assist, coach and mentor other Software Developers.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant Information Technology Field and 8+ years of experience with service-oriented, multi-tier Architecture, and Qualifications: implementation of scalable, high-performing ASP.NET web applications
- Strong development expertise using Micro Services or Service Oriented Architecture to design flexible and scalable applications
- Experience using the following Architecture Patterns and Programming language model: MVC, MVVM and OOP
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
- Strong SQL Query development skills and experience
- Background and experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle • Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.