Leidos’ Security Detection and Automation group is seeking an experienced Configuration Data Management (CDM) Manager. As a member of the CDM Team, the CDM Manager will work alongside program managers, engineers and actively lead CDM professionals to process hardware and software changes, ensuring accuracy and completeness of drawings, schematics, software and documentation. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and apply policies, processes, procedures and technical data standards and maintain awareness for continuous improvement opportunities.
This position can be based out of our Tewksbury, MA or our St. Pete, FL locations. Telework options are available (up to 100% of the time), but local candidates are strongly preferred.
- Provides innovative solutions to highly complex issues.
- Leads the records management function which is responsible for preserving various organizational business and technical records.
- Ability to apply product lifecycle management (PLM) expertise during planning, data migration, and sustainment phases of implementing process automation functions.
- Provides consultation on configuration management activities related to identification, control and accounting for engineering documents for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Advises on developments of, and participates in usage and testing of Product Lifecycle Management systems and similar enterprise workflow systems.
- Develops, provides, and presents key CDM process metrics and reports to provide strategic insight for process monitoring and development of process improvements for CDM performance, costs, and schedules.
- Regularly communicates CDM program status and risks.
- Maintains CDM procedures to implement and processes engineering drawing and documents to include CDRL and SDRL items for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements.
- Leads Change Control Boards: setting agendas, keeping minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Establishes procedures to implement and process engineering documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements. Makes recommendations for procedural changes when necessary.
- Reviews and analyzes engineering change data, which may be highly complex, and coordinates changes with engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing to ensure compliance with customer requirements and Company policy.
- Reviews work project notifications to assure the accuracy of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Ensures customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Establishes procedures for storage, retention, destruction/decomition, and archival of company records, processing, filming, storing and retrieving current and historical design, technical and programmatic documents according to project, customer and company practices and requirements.
- Confident in the preparation and execution of functional and physical configuration audits.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, or a related discipline and 8+ years of related experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience leading/managing a team is required.
- Proven ability to contribute to the bid, proposal, execution, and delivery phases of a contract.
- Must have significant knowledge and experience to provide consultation and/or guidance to direct reports and exercise independent judgment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to monitor daily operations and make sound leadership decisions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with all levels of customers and company employees, including upper management.
- Proficient in the fundamental pillars of Configuration Management, CM best practices/industry standards and engineering principles: EIA-649, AS9100, ASME, IEEE, etc..
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.