Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to join our Finance team in Civil Group. This is a high profile role and you will be a key member of the Finance team and will lead all aspects of business planning and analysis for the Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) Operation. This role will be collaborative to all departments and the executive team for the company to develop and manage the budget and forecasts as well as provide business analysis to support the long-term strategic plan. This position is based out of Reston, VA and would require onsite so candidates must reside in the Northern VA area.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. With our new, combined portfolio, our operation has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leveraging this portfolio, our core technical strengths, and robust R&D initiatives, we are positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Coordinate all aspects of annual planning and forecast processes, including review of summary financials, establishing timelines, preparing presentations for management and oversight of submissions and commentary to Corporate Finance
- Lead the planning and forecasting inclusive of Balance Sheet & Cash Flow, coordination of key drivers with various functional areas and updating planning models as the business evolves
- Develop long range financial plans that are consistent with both short-term and long-term corporate objectives
- Create robust internal reporting to provide necessary information to various departments and senior management
- Provide management with timely, accurate, and insightful financial analysis to monitor financial results and enable strategic decision-making.
- Assist with identifying potential accounting issues and driving the resolution to ground
- Partner with the broader organization to drive process and systematic improvements across the company
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and track Key performance indicators.
- Establish departmental budgets, ensure accuracy of collecting costs and drive accountability across functional areas.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Organization and direction of a team of FP&A employees
- Management of personnel issues, to include staffing, training, and performance management
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive financial reporting, planning and analysis experience with a commercial manufacturing business
- Deep expertise in financial modelling, including integration between income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow
- Comfortable presenting to C-level executives and can clearly communicate ideas and articulate findings while maintaining a hands-on approach
- Ability to challenge the status quo, drive change, “roll up sleeves”, managing and performing in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Preference for knowledge and experience with GAAP financial statement reporting and accounting methods
- Experience with Hyperion & HFM
- Supervisory experience preferred with strong leadership and team building skills
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.