This position is for an upcoming opportunity and Leidos anticipates beginning the interview process in January 2022.
Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
The Army and Mission Partners Division within the Defense Group at Leidos has potential openings for a proposal effort with Sr. Network Engineer to support a program at Ft Huachuca, AZ.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, and support of an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Agency Internet Network (AIN), Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system
- Maintains network hardware and software; monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures; and will provide leadership/mentorship to junior & mid-level network engineers
- Oversees network control center
- Provides support to projects that involve networks
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network
- Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network
- Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
- Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems; and provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders
- The overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the Agency network add to the complexity of this positions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience, Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, or a combination of experience and education.
- Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance
- Possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline
- Within 60 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE CSSP Infrastructure Support DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline
- Within 180 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) Computing Environment certification identified on the RCC-C CE Requirements List.
- CCENT or higher, CCNA Preferred
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Solarwinds, or other similar network monitoring application, configuration and monitoring experience
- Experience with any or all of the following vendor’s network technologies
- Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, Juniper, McAfee
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.