Leidos has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer to lead a diverse, talented engineering team on an exciting new research and development effort for a directed energy (DE) system. This position is a unique opportunity for a person with outstanding technical leadership that potentially leads to more DE projects in the future working in Albuquerque, NM.
Challenges you will get to work on in this role:
- Develop the overall engineering approach to our system designs.
- Establish and implement the hardware and software engineering processes to guide the team.
- Track technical progress, project costs, and schedule in accordance with industry practice and customer requirements.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the project engineering data, including drawings, schematics, bills of materials, work instructions, and user manuals, in accordance with configuration management practices.
- Manage activities to verify and validate engineering design and system performance against customer requirements.
This is you:
- BS degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical engineering, with 12+ years of technical experience (10+ years with a master’s degree).
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Prior successful experience leading an engineering team.
- Successful performance with engineering, design, and development of fielded systems for the US Military.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with the development of high-power, directed energy systems.
- Familiarity with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) using digital tools such as Cameo or the IBM suite of MBSE tools.
- Ability to use SolidWorks for engineering design.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.