Pre-Sales Solution Lead
Salary Range: £70,100 - £92,300/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Join a team committed to a Mission!
We are in search of a Pre-Sales Solution Lead who will provide technical leadership and delivery of innovative products, services or a combination that address customer's specific business problems. Responsibilities include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Responsibilities include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
National Security & Defence (NS&D) deliverables:
- Provide overall Solution leadership to cover all aspects of the bid requirement that are in scope for all Leidos delivered elements and those subcontracted to partners
- The solution team will typically be comprised of infrastructure and software engineers, Service design specialists, programme management and other specialists as required
- You will work on assigned opportunities in conjunction with the Business Development and Capture communities, meeting key timescales and milestones as necessary to support Customer and internal timescales, milestones and governance
- Develop Solution concepts and high-level narrative material guiding input from identified internal and external SME’s and relevant partners
- Work as part of NS&D Solution Architects to develop the business landscape and identify and action both short and long-term approaches needed to develop the business and establish key client engagements
- Support the growth within the NS&D Division by bringing and applying domain knowledge across its breadth to enhance the value that Leidos brings to customer opportunities and challenges
- Work across the NS&D and wider Office of Technology community to further Leidos capabilities and develop the solution portfolio for the benefit of NS&D and the wider business
- Work with the NS&D Chief Architect to provide the optimal approach for design, development and delivery of NS&D capability, whilst supporting the needs of the wider Leidos business
Outputs: Solution designs, overviews and “Concept of Operations”, supporting design materials and collateral, White Papers and Points of View, Customer and internal briefings, innovation ideas including business cases and solution research briefings and progress and status reports, Solutions as part of responding to client opportunities.
- Influence development of NS&D solutions that support project and programme goals and business results
- Lead Solution activity on Growth opportunities in partnership with the Business Development and Capture organisations
- Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of NS&D strategy and operations.
- Lead and direct work of technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Undertake technical and solution reviews as required to support successful execution of programme and opportunity activity
- Resolves highly complex problems using application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation
- Develops solutions that are innovative and deliverable, achieved through research, qualification and integration of best practices
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally and client) articulating solution and technical capability aligned to the business challenges.
- Convince and educate others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.