Leidos is looking for a Systems Administrator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment.
This individual will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. She/he will provide support for server/router/firewall configuration, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the test infrastructure environment.
- Proactively contacting customers when test infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects, and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans; completing remediation; extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites; and executing monthly security scans
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation to ensure clear, concise and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing support for calls and emails to ensure all interactions are timely and professional.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field and 8 years of prior relevant experience or MS degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in information technology and information security.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft Exchange, administration, and exchange management shell.
- Must have a solid understanding of advanced security protocols and standards and information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with software and security architectures.
- Must have IAVA management experience.
- Must have direct, hands-on experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g. rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.