Would you like to take the next step in your career as a Virtualization Engineer at 1901 Group?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Virtualization Engineer position that is available for remote work.
We are currently searching for a Virtualization Engineer who can partner with our customers to develop and implement integrated solutions in a virtualized enterprise.
• Demonstrate excellent networking and technical skills, proficiency with the design, implementation and support of Microsoft solutions, integration of enterprise server, storage, network, and virtualization components, and exhibit strong project management and communication.
• Implement, install and recommend technologies including database, systems management, server virtualization, network storage and security.
• Strong understanding of Client/Server Architecture and how to securely deploy internally and externally.
• Evaluate and architect network, server and storage architecture plans.
• Technical writing for both system integration and transition to operations teams.
• Work in hybrid multi-location operations team administering existing production network.
• Assist sales team with technical solutions and industry knowledge in support of customer meetings and presentations.
• Assist in creating automation and process improvements toward greater efficiency, reduced incidents, and proactive systems management.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life-cycle.
• Install, configure, manage, patch, and update virtual environments using VMWare 6.x and higher.
• Provide health and performance reporting and take appropriate actions based on trends in data.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
• Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start. Candidates who have recently held a Public Trust clearance may be able to start sooner.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 2 years of relevant experience, OR Associates Degree with 4 years of relevant experience OR 6+ years of experience in Virtualization in lieu of a college degree
• Previous experience with Citrix
• Experienced with Disaster Recovery activities.
• Familiar with ticketing systems and the value of good documentation.
• Occasional travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to support necessary off-hours maintenance and upgrades
• Must be able to lift and move 30lbs
• US Citizenship required
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.