Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
We know once you join Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined.
Leidos has an opening for a Digital Forensics Technician to provide onsite support at our customer’s site in Linthicum, MD. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in supporting Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center’s Business and Technology Solutions (BTO) directorate. DC3 delivers capability with a team comprised of Department of the Air Force civilians, Air Force and Navy military personnel, and contractors for specialized support.
- Conduct forensic processes on a variety of digital media including hard drives, thumb drives, media cards, cell phones and other devices.
- Create detailed notes on processes undertaken and develops forensic reports in support of counterintelligence or criminal investigations and other types of inquiries.
- Assist the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures.
- Conduct peer reviews of other examiners' reporting.
- Provide expert witness testimony in both military and civilian courts in support of forensic examinations conducted by the examiner.
- Bachelors degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Technical or scientific degree applicable to the field of digital forensics or equivalent knowledge and experience; previous military and/or law enforcement experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- CFCE, EnCE, ACE, SANS GIAC (GCFE, GCFA, GASF), CTA DOD Certification, TCJA (TeelTech), IAT Level II
Security Clearance Requirements:
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.