A New Year - A New You!
Leidos is seeking you, a skilled technician to join our team conducting pulsed power system design and power modulator development. As a part of our team, you will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and other technicians to develop next generation directed energy systems working at Kirtland ABF, New Mexico.
Fun challenges you will have in this role:
• Work on next generation pulsed power systems for HPM directed energy weapons for national defense.
• Take part in fundamental research in high voltage and pulsed power components.
• Build state of the art pulsed power systems and power modulators to drive the next generation of HPM systems
• Fabricate and test prototype hardware
• Operate test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, and vacuum hardware
This is you:
• High School Diploma and 5 years of experience with electronics design and/or troubleshooting experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Ability to fabricate hardware and test equipment
• Ability to read and decipher schematics and data sheets
• Experience in pulsed power technology
• Experience with Marx Generators, high voltage transformers, magnetic modulators, charged particle accelerators, X-ray generators, pulse forming lines and networks and high energy storage systems
• Experience applying safety principles in laboratory activities
• Experience with electrical, mechanical, pressure, vacuum, and diagnostic systems
• Demonstrated experimental and troubleshooting skills
• Successfully worked in a technical team
• Associates degree in related technical discipline with 5 years experience or 10 years of related experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.