Leidos Maritime Systems Division has an opportunity for a Test Engineer, The employee will be based at San Diego, Campus Point, supporting projects at Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific. There will be approximately 10% travel required, and there is an opportunity for some telework. Position requires a Secret security clearance. The primary responsibilities include:
- Develops procedures for testing electronic assemblies, sensors and systems. Writes test plans based on engineering specifications. Oversees and conducts tests using electronic test equipment.
- Recommends design changes to signal processing equipment, environment and algorithms of sensor systems and data acquisition systems.
- Analyzes collected test data based on specifications and engineering principles, using MATLAB and other analysis tools.
- Interprets test results, and prepares written reports documenting the testing and conclusions. Briefs the findings and makes recommendations on engineering designs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Have a broad technical curiosity, with a demonstrated ability to learn new subjects and skills quickly and effectively,
- Be able to effectively interact with, articulate opinions, and receive feedback from other technical team members,
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with good interpersonal skills,
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills,
- Has strong computer skills,
- Have experience reading, interpreting, and understanding engineering drawings and schematics,
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- M.S. Degree in Engineering Acoustics,
- Experience in the maritime or ocean engineering domain, with exposure to relevant sensors and technology.
- Experience with underwater acoustics,
- Experience with signal processing,
- Experience with electronic circuit analysis,
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.