The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) seeks skilled and experienced candidates for a Machine Learning (ML) Research Engineer primarily focused on RF Machine Learning, to work in our Chantilly, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and expertise to conduct applied research, development, and transition of advanced technologies addressing our nation’s most difficult defense and intelligence problems across a diverse set of radio frequency (RF) ML, digital signal processing, high performance computing, and systems engineering disciplines.
- The qualified candidate will act as a technical contributor to a multi-disciplinary, multi-organizational team addressing a variety of RF ML problems.
- The candidate will regularly interact with Leidos technical and management leadership and customers to plan and execute research and development projects, document and report project results, and support internal R&D and business capture efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and/or Computer Science with strong emphasis on application of Machine Learning (ML) techniques with 2-4 years of related experience. Alternatively, a Master’s degree with 1-2 years of related experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related field with expertise in ML and deep learning as applied to media (text, image, speech, etc.) recognition, and signal detection and classification problems in complex environments with limited training data.
- Ability to perform in a self-motivated, team-oriented environment
- Fluency in Python, MATLAB, R, or similar engineering software environments
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and hold a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- Knowledge and experience in ML techniques as applied to wireless communications, ML assurance and counter-subversion, radio frequency (RF) communications and digital signal processing; technical project leadership experience; fluency in Java, Python, MATLAB or C/C++; software and document configuration management; proposal development experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.