Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? We are seeking an AWS Solution Architect motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology projects for of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Orleans.
The AWS Solution Architect will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with Business and IT Product Owners
- Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
- Collaborate to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document
- Produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Design workflows and assignment rules to automate manual processes
- Create and maintain system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
- Evaluate and assist with multi-tier AWS applications moving from DEV to TEST/STAGING to PROD
- Monitor networking and costs to manage customer’s needs
- Collaborate with customer’s Security team to meet all security requirements
- Present to customer architectural plans and work with Project Managers/Product Owners to handle projections and Change Requests as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with 8+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current AWS Solution Architect or related AWS certifications
- Knowledge of Python/JSON/YAML helpful
- Knowledge of Service Now helpful
- Strong requirements and design documentation skills are a must
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Ability to ask the right questions to define a solution
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- 5 plus years of experience in a consulting environment is preferred
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.