LEIDOS is currently searching for a motivated Developer to join the Engineering Team to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system, supporting the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
- Provide development expertise to meet system requirements. The role will develop, script, install, and configure specialized integration and testing software to provide an effective solution to the client. Translate interface specifications into software that can process the specified request and perform the required processing. Design, configure, test, and document applications and tools based on a project's functional and business requirements including interface, database, configuration of applications and scripts.
- Provide design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases. Support technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance may also be required.
- Commensurate experience in IT, and new or related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
- BS Degree and 10-12 years’ experience.
- US Citizen, with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Troubleshooting of deployed IT systems, including RDBMS , via review of system and application logs
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, including testing
- Experience developing Object Oriented web-applications and basic design-pattern knowledge
- Experience designing and developing simulations to aid systems testing requirements
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures. Familiarity with Jmeter, Jconsole, SoapUI.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Analyze information and data patterns to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new application or modification of an existing application
- Maintain and manage software version control (such as: SVN, Git) and Jenkins software management automation server using ANT, Maven, Nexus
- Programming/scripting skills: Java, Ruby, Python, Bash, SQL, XML/XLT, JSON, Apache open-source software/libraries (such as: tomcat, derby, camel, …)
- Must be able to thrive in a high-paced, continuously evolving environment; attention to detail and documentation skills required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Previous Healthcare Experience and familiar with EHR systems.
- Splunk experience
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
- Experience with EHR systems a plus
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.