Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail oriented Senior Fullstack Java and Angular - Design & Development Engineer who will support the Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS), which provides access to supplemental information from numerous sources to augment the information available on the Air Traffic Management (ATM) service provider’s primary display.
Senior Fullstack Java and Angular - Design & Development Engineer responsibilities:
• Provide full SDLC development with JAVA and Angular technologies.
• Understand coding standards and implement them within code being developed.
• Troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
• Communicate with the users to determine problems or design requirements
• Should have ability to lead team and project and deliver on timely manner.
• Document changes and follow the Systems Development Life Cycle process independently.
• Willing to learn and adopted new technologies in short period of time as required by the Project.
• Design solutions for complex projects.
• Coordinate with the customer to review software application requirements and
• Develop technical solutions and architectural design for enhancements on the Sprint
• Participate in Backlog grooms and at time lead a Feature: elaborating it to smaller user stories and present it to team during backlog groom.
• Participate and commit to the User Stories assigned in the Sprint
• Perform risk analysis design, mock-up, document, unit testing, system testing, Code review and support demonstration to User and deployment of Feature to Production.
• Support newer members of the team and support them to learn FAA domain and tools/technologies used on the Program.
• Perform as the Scrum Master as need arises.
• Complete FAA compliance training needs as required by Customer.
• Responsible for GFE and ensuring that IDE tools are updated regularly
• Requires a Bachelor of Science degree Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Information Systems/Information Technology or related Field and a minimum of 8+ years of Java/JEE and Angular experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 6+ years of Java/JEE and Angular experience
• Excellent hands-on experience of: Java, JEE, Spring 5.x, Spring Security, Spring-WS, JPA, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, PL/SQL, XML, JSON, JWT, etc.
• Oracle and Postgres Database usage and access
• Design and implementation of Angular Authentication With JSON Web Tokens (JWT) hands on experience
• Design, development, delivery, and support/maintenance for Angular-based UI applications
• Very good Angular HTTP client module and Ajax/Async implementation experience to access data from backend REST services
• Experience working on Angular Material, Bootstrap, Primeng, etc. frameworks
• Hands on experience: testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, including defect tracking and management
• Hands on experience with: DevOps and CI/CD tools integration - JIRA, Jenkins, BitBucket, SonarQube, Eclipse, Hp Fortify, etc.
• Agile software development methodology, processes, sprint lifecycle, JIRA, Agile techniques is a must
• Knowledge of: Red Hat Linux and Windows OS and Virtualization.
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, curiosity, competitive spirit.
• More than a willingness to learn... a desire to be a go to person for upcoming technologies
• Ability to review Open source product and provide recommendation to the Leadership based on the research done
• Model Driven Development, SysML, UML, Eclipse UML Plugins, Design
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Karma, and Protractor.
• Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, EBS, S3, etc.
• FAA format testing and CDRLs delivery
• Experience with 508 compliance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.