Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents...
We are in search of a Security Engineer who will work with senior leadership and Heads of Department to deliver solutions and ensure smooth execution of projects in line with Leidos’ goals and priorities.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom MOD logistics programme.
- Maintaining and improving the security posture of the environments
- Supporting the full Software Development Life Cycle of projects as a Security Engineering subject matter expert, including identification of security requirements and implementation of those requirements.
- Provide technical expertise as a Security Engineer; participate in the formulation of security engineering best practices; assess security configurations; and documentation of security processes and procedures.
- Working closely with the UK Security team and CSOC, identify and help address cyber Security issues in SCIP environments as well as participate with customer security group in supporting new cyber security technologies.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SSL, application control, Antivirus, OS and other network component policies.
- Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Ensure the clients’ data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participate in the change management process
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Must be a UK Citizen
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 of prior relevant experience
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with AWS Cloud environment.
- Experience with database, OS, network and application auditing.
- CISSP is preferred
- Amazon Web Services certification
- Experience with Firewalls, Linux, HBSS, ACAS, IDS/IPS, Splunk, Data Loss Prevention and security audits.
- Experience with cyber security and hardening processes.
- Experience with cyber security documentation compliance requirements of MOD (NIST based) and privacy controls.
- Experience with Incident Response.
Experience working with a tasking/requirements system and the Agile Process.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.