The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking an Environmental Test Engineer to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to conduct environmental stress and lifetime stress-simulation evaluations to ensuring product quality and reliability. The candidate must have demonstrated experience with environmental health and safety, and environmental equipment testing.
• Plan and conduct confidence testing with a focus on environmental training, equipment testing and quality assurance
• Perform environmental testing on devices per customer standards
• Confirm device meets testing standards
• Perform mechanical test and inspection of devices
• Communicate test results in both oral and written formats
• Create test plans and operate environmental testing chambers
• Provide environmental oversight and guidance to a test team
• Coordinate with customers on a routine basis to recommend future environmental tests
• Anticipate and address potential issues
• Lead team in reviewing new mechanical equipment and providing feedback on construction methods and quality
• Lead team in troubleshooting mechanical equipment problems and providing recommendations to customer management regarding solutions
• Lead the research into equipment anomalies and recommend solutions
• Ensure all equipment documentation is complete and accurate
• Communicate with vendors regarding new capabilities and maintenance requirements for existing machines
• Attain and maintain customer-specified certification with the safe handling, application, processing and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Coordinate and communicate with all personnel requiring shop support.
- Active TS/SCI with poly
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering and 12 years of
relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu/combined with education
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental health and safety protocol
- Demonstrated knowledge of government test procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.