The Multi-Sensors Exploitation and Countermeasures Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Security Officer to work in our Miami Township office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping in our Parker and Odyssey contract’s mission. In this mission, we interact with and support various government organizations and have a team of scientists and engineers working some our nation’s most challenging problems.
- The CPSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
- The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD 5220.22-M, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Security Classification Guides.
- The position requires a self-motivated candidate that is capable of working in an independent or team environment with minimal direction.
- The candidate will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- The CPSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
- Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system
- Self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Coordinate closely with company management by providing regular status updates regarding new
- security requirements, issues, etc.
- Provide back-up support to other program CPSOs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of contractor or government program security experience supporting SCI and SAPs
- Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations (e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, DoDM 5105.21 M1, JSIG and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
- Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements of the ICD 705 to meet contractual needs
- Ability to manage SAP programs
- Thorough understanding of security databases such as, NISS, DISS and eQIP
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for access as well as SCI eligibility.
- SAP Security training/certificate(s)
- Knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security requirements
- Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
- Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
- Working knowledge of JADE
- COMSEC experience
- Professional Certifications/Affiliations
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.