Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Site Reliability Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has a potential upcoming opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator located in Southwest Virginia.
A Site Reliability Engineer who can support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud infrastructure and applications, as well as ensure optimal performance of cloud hosted applications.
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team you will be training, both independently and with the team, to gain knowledge about the project’s CI/CD pipeline, existing Kubernetes environment, contract processes, and cloud migration approach
• Work in an Agile process to plan your work into 2-week sprints and participate in daily scrum meetings
• Create designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Automation, and cloud services
• Manage and improving IaC deployments through CI/CD pipelines
• Create automation capabilities aimed at improving service delivery and gaining operational efficiencies
• Automate Kubernetes cluster deployment using tools such as Ansible & Terraform
• Orchestrate multi-cloud resources to ensure service availability for the project’s services
• Develop automation that improves deployment speed and service reliability in the containerized environment
• Enhance performance monitoring of the various systems
• Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize the performance of cloud infrastructure
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of IT experience in an operational role (Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
• 2+ years of experience in containerization, preferably Kubernetes (or equivalent technology)
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible (or equivalent)
• Proficient with scripting languages such as Python
• Experience scaling / tuning Kubernetes services according to load
• Experience in CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, etc.)
• Experience with cloud-first, AWS native architectures and cloud PaaS & SaaS services such as databases
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
• Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
• Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
• Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
• Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
• US Citizenship Required
• Knowledge in complex application integration and migration
• AWS or Azure certifications, associate level such AWS Certified Solution Architect, Associate
• CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
• Bachelor of Science from accredited university or college
• Prior experience working in Agile Development
• Strong background in developing SRE practices and promoting a DevOps culture
• Experience with cloud monitoring and log analytics in support of troubleshooting and performance triaging
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.