Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a Cybersecurity Applications Vulnerability Scanning Engineer to join our Cyber Operations team in Reston, VA.
- Identify gaps or vulnerabilities in computer applications across the company, which includes managing and modifying applications security scan profile and scan policies as per the baseline standards.
- Assist senior team members with maintaining application and database scanning (server) infrastructure (application/product updates, database maintenance, benchmark/audit files, application/server builds, rule pack/content updates, scanner, or agent deployment etc.)
- Awareness/Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Platforms (Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOPs, etc.)
- Awareness/Knowledge of code and artifact repositories; including scanning tools (bitbucket, artifactory, Azure Repos, TFS, Nexus, etc.)
- Awareness/Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC); general concepts and use cases at a minimum
- Assist senior team members with performing security analysis of the different layers of the systems (application database layers) by performing manual testing and automated system vulnerability assessment scans using various web, application, operating systems, and database vulnerability scanners.
- Assist senior team members with performing vulnerability assessments and applications security testing on both native and web based mobile applications on different platforms.
- Review scanner reports/results and work with the application and/or development teams to remediate issues following a risk-based approach. This includes the development of remediation timelines, including recommending and monitoring remediation activities.
- Continuously monitor the published vulnerabilities for various applications, operating systems, and databases. Based on the publicly disclosed vulnerabilities determine the patching priority and notify the stakeholders. Review the applied patch by re-scanning the disclosed vulnerabilities. (Familiar with OWASP Top 10, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in cybersecurity and/or software development. Additional years of relevant cybersecurity experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Developer experience is preferred in a least one scripting / programming language.
- Experience with reviewing cybersecurity vulnerabilities for risk and relevance as well as in vulnerability mitigations/remediation planning, for identified systems application and database vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of DAST Scanning Tools (AppSpider, WebInspect, Burp Suite, AppScan, Netsparker, Acunetix, OWASP ZAP, etc) desired but not required.
- Knowledge of SAST Scanning Tools (Checkmarx, Fortify, Sonarqube, etc) desired but not required.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems. (various)
- Knowledge of middleware / web technologies (apache, tomcat, IIS, etc)
- Knowledge of Databases (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Container security experience is desired but not required; should be familiar with container technology and general concepts at a minimum
- US citizenship is required and must be able to obtain federal security clearance.
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Application development background preferred.
- Application security background preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.