The NISC IV program is hiring for a Administrative Assistant to the support the Federal Aviation Administration’s Human Resources function (AHR).
Use your experience, knowledge and skills specific to organizational procedures and policies to resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
Use your solid interpersonal skills (oral & written) with multi-tasking priorities and self-motivated. Requires proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Apply knowledge of administrative processes to prepare and create standard operating procedures (SOP), and best practice methods.
- Conduct research and coordination on actions and issues identified by AHR.
- Participate in the development of Standardized Operational Procedure (SOP) documents.
- Support security monitoring, access control, mail distribution and other communication media distribution.
- Provide recommendations, resolutions, and updates to office records, databases, and files for assigned programs.
- Receives, processes and distributes mail from Federal Employees.
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate with AHR on program related correspondence, upon FAA approval.
- Support the development of a tracking/recordkeeping system for the maintenance of confidential files, presentations, and other similar documents.
- Research, interpret, and accurately apply written procedures and regulations or policies pertaining to travel, time, attendance, and other administrative programs.
- Provide resources and support for conferences, workshops, and technical meetings through the development of presentations, agendas, minutes, and technical notes.
- Design and prepare briefings and special presentations, and prepare customized or special graphics, reports, charts, and media to enhance the effectiveness of communications regarding the AHR mission for FAA approval.
- Prepare support materials and briefing books for FAA approval. Facilitate AHR activities, including coordinating and attending meetings, preparing minutes.
- Solid interpersonal skills (oral & written)
- Ability to handle multi-tasking priorities and strong self-motivation skills.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years' of relevant business process analysis experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- FAA experience
- MS Office tools
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.