QTC, a subsidiary of Leidos, has an immediate opening for a Software Architect supporting our corporate function. Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located in San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; or Malvern, PA.
Works on software projects by reviewing project user stories and working with other organizations (both within and outside of IT) to understand the complete requirements of the project, including the system software architecture, design, internal and external interfaces, use cases, etc. Serves as a change agent, coach, educator and facilitator within IT and QTC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, recommend and design end-to-end enterprise IT architecture
- Create and deliver technical proposals and presentations on enterprise IT architecture roadmap
- Document enterprise architecture and architectural decisions
- Coordinate projects with vendors to expand our business-critical systems
- Assists in the initial design and development of new applications including consideration for database, security, scalability and other usability functionality
- Assists in defining product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions
- Gains a complete understanding of Requirements and effectively communicates them to the software design team
- Works independently in designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software
- Writes, maintains, evaluates, and effectively communicates software engineering design documents and interface control documents (ICDs) to customers and engineers
- Designs, writes, and maintains code in .Net, C#, ASP.Net
- Analyzes and troubleshoots legacy code that may not be well documented
- Adheres to sound software engineering practices and programming standards
- Cooperates closely with other software engineers to establish and maintain project work practices and programming standards
- Demonstrated track record in architecting, implementing and maintaining complex enterprise line of business solutions and workflows
- Proven experience as a software architect working on large-scale projects
- Software Architect certification (i.e. TOGAF 9) is preferred
- Proven ability to visualize end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skill are essential
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends
- Working knowledge of the design and implementation of Application Architecture using SOA Principles and of .Net, ASP .Net, C#, XML, XSLT, HTML, Java Script, SQL Server Database, Oracle Database
- Experience with ETL tools, data synchronization and replications
- Experience with using, designing, and building service-oriented architectures
- Strong DevOps, CI/CD experience
- Containerization and orchestration experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- RDBMS experience (i.e., SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of document-oriented DB systems (i.e., MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.)
- Experience with Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education required
- 9 to 14 years of professional experience as software engineer or developer
- Experience in Healthcare industry is a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.