The Security Detection & Automation, Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Material Planner who is seeking a position in a dynamic environment. Under moderate supervision, the Planner is responsible for activities that span the entire planning and procurement cycle.
- Conduct inventory/material analysis and submit Purchase Requisitions for material requirements in support of manufacturing and service needs.
- Work with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure inquiries are addressed for service orders, projects or programs.
- Research and communicates production and delivery schedules.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for a particular product line in regards to lifecycle, end of life status, material distribution and demand for both manufacturing and service.
- Conduct bill of material review and analysis.
- Work with Product Line Management, Service Technical Support and Sustaining Engineering on end of life (EOL) item lifecycle.
- Maintain reports and monitor material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Support the Quickbase purchase requisition process, monitors progress and communicates the proper routing throughout the materials management and sourcing process.
- Conducts follow-up with buyers, planners and requestors regarding completion of open requisitions, rework or updates as required.
- Coordinate product requirements planning with Service partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of eight years in material planning, manufacturing or logistics analysis.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Great organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a willingness to progress into tasks of greater responsibility
- Must be a US Citizen
- Prior experience in customer service, manufacturing or production environment
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.