The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an IT Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Piers support portion of the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Bahrain.
NGEN-R SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Leidos supports SMIT by delivering the OCONUS Piers support to connect vessels to shore based networks while in port, and supports the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net). Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. As SMIT OCONUS services converge, this position may
be responsible for additional Field Services Support tasks on ONE-Net.
Responsible for maintaining fiber optic cables in support of the OCONUS Piers program in the Middle East region. This includes providing connect/disconnect services to the vessels when arriving and departing from port. Candidates will be expected to respond to requests to provide connect/disconnect services within the required service target as well as the testing, cleaning, maintenance, and repair of Navy Umbilical Cable Assemblies (UCAs). Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues. This position will require the candidate to travel to other regional locations to repair UCA cables.
- The qualified candidate will provide connect/disconnect service to all vessels arriving or departing from their assigned location.
- Operate tools and equipment (including necessary protective equipment) required to repair and maintain UCA fiber optic cables.
- Conduct testing of UCA cables at required intervals to ensure the necessary supply of available fully operational UCAs is maintained.
- Update UCA status in the UCA tracker for the assigned region.
- Track planned arrival and departure of vessels at assigned piers and respond within the required service target to provide connect/disconnect service.
- Track daily activities in the approved ticketing system.
- Assist in the development and update of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for connect/disconnect services, fiber optic cable testing, and fiber optic cable repair for the assigned region.
- Travel to other locations within the assigned region to conduct maintenance and repair of UCA cables.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Secret Clearance is required for this position
- High School Diploma / GED * 2 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
- Possess one fiber cabling certification (BICSI level 2, ETA FOI or FOT, FOA CFOT, etc.)
- Additional preference will be given to individuals who possess both a network certification (CCNA, Network+, JNCIA, etc.) and fiber cabling certification from BICSI, FOA, or ETA International.
- Previous experience either in the military or as a contractor supporting pier side connect/disconnect service using either UCA or WPCS solutions.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.