The Health Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Lead to provide support on Leidos Health pursuits.
The SE&I Lead oversees the full systems engineering effort for IHS modernization, covering the full life cycle for systems engineering. The SE&I Lead will address all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production, go-live, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out, and disposal.
- Design, document, integrate, implement, and deliver a suite of software and systems for an integrated EHR solution
- Lead design sessions, technical reviews and oversee the implementation of new hardware and software
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Develop, configure, and implement solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues across multiple functions
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, key performance indicators, and measures of effectiveness
- Lead design, development, and implementation to integrate new solutions within the existing or newly defined architecture
- engineering documentation on new and/or existing systems, which may include a Systems Engineering Management Plan, System Design Document, and System Specification Document
- Provide technical consultation, training, and mentoring to junior engineers
- Create and present detailed design documents to internal and external customers
- Facilitate solid lines of communication and coordination with the customer and technical teams throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Work with software vendors and implementation partners to design and deliver innovative solutions
- Diagnose and solve problems
- Provide Engineering leadership support to Tier 3 End-User Support for troubleshoot during product implementation and sustainment activities.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat server technologies including experience with traditional software delivery and application installation processes and configurations.
- Works directly with all teams for implementation and configurations of both client and server applications.
- Provides IT system support guidance and collaboration for all administration and maintenance for all Development, Integration, Sustainment and Testing environments.
- Provides System Engineering Analysis for the review of system design specification and installation documents.
- Integrate with Product teams during SDLC to ensure best practices are planned and maintained to support the full set of tasks and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology with 15-20 years of experience and/or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10-15 years of experience
- Leading and directing a team of Systems Engineers
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation: Systems Engineering Management Plan, Systems Specifications, Systems Design Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrices
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud based architecture and complex hosted system
- Knowledge and experience with various SDLC methodologies to include Agile, Scrum, etc. documentation
- Knowledge and experience with detailed practices for IT activities such as IT service management, ITIL
- Knowledge and experience with design and implementation and sustainment of large-scale federal contracts
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Experience leading a team of Systems Engineers
- Experience with healthcare solutions
- Experience with Digital Engineering or Model Based Systems Engineering
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.