The Security Detection & Automation, Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Material Planning Manager who is seeking a position in a dynamic environment. The Material Planning Manager will oversee various aspects of the daily planning operation and contribute to the long-term goals of the organization by contributing to strategic projects. The Material Planning Manager Supervise the planning and ordering of time-critical material to support SD&A’s manufacturing and service organizations. The successful candidate will serve as the senior planning representative in support of manufacturing and global service part demand. The Material Planning Manager will be a key stakeholder in the deployment of new enterprise planning tools and integration of future acquired businesses or technology.
- Coordinate submission of material forecasts to OEMs, contract manufacturers and strategic suppliers in concert with the procurement team.
- Act as escalation point for material concerns and develop a best practice for communication / feedback of shortages and overages
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives related to execution and planned growth, included by not limited to: procedural updates, communication pathways, improved hand-offs, inventory optimization, KPI build-out and employee training.
- Administer Power-BI queries for manufacturing and supply chain
- Serve as a CCB member and assist in determination of ECO dispositions
- Conduct inventory/material analysis for material requirements in support of manufacturing and service needs.
- Work with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure inquiries are addressed for service orders, projects or programs.
- Research and communicates production and delivery schedules.
- Conduct bill of material review and analysis.
- Work with Product Line Management, Service Technical Support and Sustaining Engineering on end of life (EOL) item lifecycle.
- Maintain reports and monitor material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Support the Quickbase purchase requisition process, monitors progress and communicates the proper routing throughout the materials management and sourcing process.
- Conducts follow-up with buyers, planners and requestors regarding completion of open requisitions, rework or updates as required.
- Coordinate product requirements planning with Service partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years project cost accounting, materials management, manufacturing, order management or product management.
- 5+ years Costpoint ERP experience (desired)
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Great organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a willingness to progress into tasks of greater responsibility
- Must be a US Citizen
- Prior experience in customer service, manufacturing or production environment
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.