Aws Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting AWS Cloud Architect opportunity working out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA.
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has a potential upcoming opportunity for an AWS Cloud Architect for a Department of Defense cloud services contract.
• Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to improve operational efficiencies
• Create AWS architectures and designs of new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements
• Work across the company to deliver AWS Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
• Mentor junior staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
• Work with and advise migration customers to understand cloud requirements and potential solutions for upcoming migration efforts
• Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team.
• Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and 6+ years of progressive IT experience. (Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
• Must have experience as an AWS Cloud Engineer to include tasks such as cloud migration, cloud networking, IAM, cloud optimization, and deployment automation (Infrastructure as Code).
• Experience with cloud-first, AWS native architectures and cloud PaaS & SaaS services such as databases
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
• Capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
• US Citizenship required
• Ability to provide coverage within core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
• Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
• Knowledge in complex application integration
• AWS certifications, Professional desired, or associates with experience additional experience
• CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
• Proficient with Python or equivalent programming language
• DOD Secret or Interim Secret clearance
• Bachelor of Science from accredited university or college
• Prior experience working in Agile Development
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.