Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Technical Writer opportunity working out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA.
We are in search of a Technical Writer to support key engineering projects by assisting in requirements gathering and developing project documentation. This highly motivated team member will contribute significantly to project success by working closely with technical personnel to document technical diagrams, requirements, process flows, web form layouts, code and database mappings, user documentation, and project documents such as status reports and meeting minutes.
• Provide drafting, review, and presentation of technical and administrative documents for a federal government program.
• Develop and edit documentation for systems development programs.
• Experience developing and updating templates.
• Develop basic graphics and utilize desktop publishing tools to demonstrate technical systems.
• Maintain documentation and version control in a shared repository such as SharePoint.
• Support reviews and editing for grammar, content, and style of writing.
• Engage with Subject Matter Experts to develop and review program documentation.
• Work with Business Analysts to document IT processes
• Report on progress of work products and deliverables
• Adhere to defined style guides and templates
• Assess, analyze, write, edit and manage end-user training and documentation for technology implementations and updates
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
• Develop and cultivate positive working relationships with team members, engineers, project managers and support staff
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Work with technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to obtain an in-depth understanding of the technical systems so as to provide the needed documentation necessary to fully explain the operation, use, support, and system configuration.
• Review, format, standardize, and package customer regulations, manuals and notices to adhere to Federal Regulation 508.
• When requested, facilitate and/or act as scribe for specific meetings
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field of Technology or Customer Services
• 4+ years of experience writing in an IT environment supporting technical writing for systems/software development.
• Ability to provide coverage within core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
• Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools.
• Experience with Visio.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and adhere to competing deadlines.
• Ability to interpret and explain complex information and provide procedures in clear and concise manner to users with all different levels of technical experience
• Ability to research technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources, and express technical information in written form
• Skilled at developing document templates to ensure ease of use and functional capability
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
• Quickly adapt to change and revise documents accordingly
• US Citizenship required
• An AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Prior experience working in Agile Development
• Certifications in CSM, CAPM or PMP, ITIL V4 Foundations, or potential to gain them
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.