Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Project Manager and Technical Lead opportunity working out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA.
The Project Manager will be directing cross-functional teams representing multiple departments in the execution of implementation activities. The Project Manager will serve as technical lead and single point of contact to onsite team members, EITOC team leads and management, and customer stakeholders.
• Plan and manage the operational and technical day-to-day activities associated project plans and deliverables
• Manage resource capacity, scheduling, timelines, reporting and priorities for project team members
• Works closely with the Client teams, Team Leads, and other key team members to ensure project work is supported with the right resources, impediments and risks are appropriately escalated, and priorities are accurate and transparent.
• Takes ownership of project work, ensuring clear deliverables are identified, execution path is determined, resources are identified, and works with the team through delivery.
• Maintain organization of the schedule and work to be able to provide updates quickly and effectively as well as give clear direction for the project and operational teams.
• Ask the right questions to understand the “ask” and run down information to help the team focus on work.
• Communicate professionally at all levels of an organization and seek clarity on needs.
• Maintain a positive attitude, build solutions not barriers, and maintain focus across multiple technical projects and teams.
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field of Technology or Customer Services
• 8 years of experience working with cross functional teams and/or in a technical environment
• US Citizenship Required
• Experience with cloud-first, AWS native architectures and cloud PaaS & SaaS services such as databases
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
• Capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
• Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
• Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
• Knowledge in complex application integration and migration
• AWS or Azure certifications, associate level such AWS Certified Solution Architect, Associate
• CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
• DOD Secret or Interim Secret clearance
• Bachelor of Science from accredited university or college
• Prior experience working in Agile Development
• PMP or similar project certification
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.