The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a senior level Configuration Management Specialist to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Implementation Support Contract (NISC IV) team. The position will provide support to the mission and requirements of Enterprise Configuration Management (ECM), AJW-161 as part of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), in their effort to help the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) evolve to a more risk analysis-based, efficient, and responsive service. The position will be policy focused and located in the Washington DC office.
Anticipated business travel is less than 10%.
The position will assist the ECM Program Office by updating policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to include recommendations for instituting appropriate policy statements for existing FAA management processes.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Evaluating existing CM Policy and providing recommendations for improvement for all CM tenants.
- Evaluating applicable FAA management systems (e.g., Master Configuration Index Alignment, System Engineering Manual, FAA IT Asset Management, Joint Resources Council, Acquisition Boards, etc.) policies and procedures to identify opportunities for including clear and effective CM guidance to intended audiences.
- Identifying and recommending metrics to measure the effectiveness of proposed changes against the CM Strategic Plan.
- Providing data administration support to ensure accurate NCP processing; support Service Area CM coordinators to reconfigure WebCM based organizations
- Providing problem analysis and requirements recommendations for all WebCM Change Requests
- Evaluating all requirements in regard to FAA CM Policy and Procedures impact
- Ensuring requirements affecting FAA CM Policy and Procedures are communicated to the CM Enterprise leadership
Overall CM guidance/consultation for:
- CM Planning & Management
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Control
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Configuration Audits
- Information/Data Management
- Requires a BA degree and 12 to 15 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to coordinate with multiple FAA organizations.
- Knowledge of the AMS Life Cycle Management Process
- Previous FAA experience with knowledge of current CM policy and FAA Directives Process is highly desired
- Familiarity with WebCM is recommended
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.