The Leidos National Airspace System (NAS) Implementation Support Contract (NISC III) Program supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Spectrum Engineering Office, currently has an opening for a Radio Frequency Engineering Specialist in Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS).
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the FAA Spectrum Engineering mission to provide every pilot and air traffic controller interference-free communications, navigation, and surveillance services.
In this role you will analyze, coordinate, and document government agency requests to conduct C-UAS testing and operational use within the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Conducts operational characterizations of the C-UAS/testing missions to determine the geographic scope of the operations within the National Airspace System (NAS), by referencing aeronautical charts.
- Identify radio frequency technical parameters in the requests necessary to conduct a compatibility/de-confliction analysis.
- Conduct radio frequency compatibility/de-confliction analysis using FAA software tools and databases to identify potentially affected FAA ATC frequencies and radio systems/receivers.
- Draft memorandums (by use of templates) to document, notify and coordinate the mission/testing request within FAA and other agencies as necessary.
- Apply spectrum-use policy to determine proper and efficient use of radio frequency spectrum allocations.
- Develop and maintain a Continuity and Training Guide for the C-UAS analysis and coordination process.
- May occasionally prepare briefings, papers, or other administrative duties as necessary.
- May require travel to support FAA participation in Spectrum Management conferences and/or meetings.
- Additional duties include Assistant Classified Information Security Manager (CISM) tasks, such as inventories, inspections, audits, maintaining the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and conducting training, as necessary.
- Ability to perform Free-Space Path Loss (FSPL) calculations, Link Budgets, dBW/dBm/Watt conversions.
- BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience; Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 4 additional years of experience are required. Graduates of a Spectrum Management course of study or military classification/specialty codes, AFSC 3D1X4, MOS 25E, NEC 2301/2302 may be accepted in lieu of Associates degree.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be a US citizen with current security clearance or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance within the first year.
- Telecommunications background with knowledge of frequency management practices, including engineering, assignment and protection of radio frequencies.
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare/Electronic Attack (EA), C-UAS equipment and operations.
- Civil and/or military aviation expertise.
- Experience with aeronautical maps and chart plotting and military special use airspace.
- Radio Frequency modeling and simulation and database engineering tools, such as Spectrum XXI Management Database or the FAA’s Automated Frequency Management system.
- Spectrum analyzer experience.
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities of spectrum management within the National Airspace System.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.