Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. As member of the application development team, the Software Engineer will build highly scalable microservices and micro-frontend applications in a DevSecOps model. The ideal candidate has strong experience in modern software development practices and has built distributed, data and transaction intensive applications.
As part of the agile software development team, this role develops solutions using tools such as Git, Jira, confluence developing workflows, executive scripts, writing code in various languages such as Java, XML and Ruby. The ideal candidate is familiar with the Agile software development life cycle from user requirement generation to automated tests and deployment.
This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown development tasks and estimate level of effort
- Design and develop microservices and APIs to support integration with UI components and other applications
- Design and implement required metadata models using relational and NoSQL databases
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Apply secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day to day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure sufficient test coverage
- Collaborate with peers to implement modern software development practices like TDD, BDD, CI/CD and similar
- Troubleshoot defects, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with other developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
- 8+ years of experience as Software Engineer developing distributed software applications using modern and open source technologies and frameworks
- Deep understanding and experience developing back-end microservices
- Highly fluent programmer in one or more languages – Java, Scala, Go and similar
- Strong data modeling experience with relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Has practiced TDD and BDD using tools like Junit, Selenium, Cucumber / Gherkin or similar
- Strong understanding and knowledge in API best practices – REST and/or gRPC
- Has worked in a DevSecOps model and delivered code through CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar and used security and code quality tools like SonarQube, OWASP ZAP, and Fortify
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- Experience developing pipelines as code using Jenkins or GitLab CI
- Experience developing deployment automation scripts using Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Experience working in multi-domain networks involving cross-domain solutions
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Any AWS Associate, Professional or Specialty certification
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.