UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support our central government customer by migrating mission critical legacy infrastructure to the AWS cloud in a large extended team of engineers and experts across a number of technical capabilities and areas of expertise. You will act as a leader that creates a safe, inclusive environment by encouraging people to speak freely, listen to people, and be an advocate for change and innovation. This role is predominantly remote with travel to Leidos and customers sites on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work within a complex programme focusing on your area of responsibility but ensuring to keep the big picture in mind by building relationships within and outside the programme.
- Define requirements and produce Low-Level Designs (LLDs) of which the engineers can build from.
- Delivery of outcomes with appreciation of quality, time, and cost:
- Commitment, integrity, and collaboration: Compliance to engineering guidelines and best practices. Embody those principles as a Senior Engineer on a delivery stream for the project in delivery within own area of responsibility – be focussed on the value to the customer;
- Co-ordinate delivery of engineering services as senior engineer within an engineering team focused on timely outcomes;
- Be agile, be innovative, and collaborative in your approach to finding the best way forward when things change.
- Development of less experienced team members – daily check in with those you work with, ensure you are aligned, share goals, and success.
- Contribution to Leidos capability model through engagement with centres of Excellence and internal development initiatives.
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure technologies (virtualisation, storage, directory services, monitoring, and management).
- Experience with SUSE Linux and Solaris.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies and their application: (AD, DNS Infoblox, LDAP).
- Experience leading or managing an infrastructure team.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud.
- Experience in backup technologies and storage solutions such as Veritas and NetApp.
- Broad understanding of other technologies such as software development, systems engineering, data science/engineering, Security (Cyber/Info Assurance).
- Appreciation of frameworks and methodologies such as ITIL, waterfall, agile (SCRUM, SAFe).
- Strong experience of networking technologies (Cisco, F5, Palo Alto).
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM).
- Experience with Red Hat Linux.
- Experience with hardening the configuration of Linux and Windows systems.
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance.
- Must be able to obtain NPPV3 clearance.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.