We are looking for a Systems Administrator I.
Leidos, Inc. is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical representative to provide systems administrator and deskside technical support at our customer site, located in Lisle, IL. This person will be the primary point of contact and responsible for providing customer operational desk-side break fix support tasks and activities in addition to providing support for a PC Hardware Refresh of every device at this site deploying Windows10 OS on new desktop and laptop devices to NRC end users.
Routine Duties Will Include:
- Be familiar in conducting non-disruptive desk-side support to deploy Windows 10 configured hardware devices.
- Use knowledge of MS Office Suite, Remedy, and tools specifically used to support the deployment of these devices is desired. For example, familiarity with Remedy will aid in deploying the hardware devices, ticket processing, and updating the CMDB to capture the change.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills preferred.
- Comfortable with communicating with end users and providing status to Leidos and customer representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- Some travel may be required depending on the site supported.
- Maintain and support a High Availability environment through virtualization and redundancy, following best practices according to the systems in the environment.
- Provide technical guidance to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as software upgrades, back-ups, and recovery including file maintenance.
- Review systems for critical updates on a weekly basis, or each time a major threat is announced.
- Remain on call for system issues with the real-time software during off business hours as deemed necessary.
- Respond to and remedy moderately complex customer inquiries dispatched by the Customer Support Center concerning technical support issues on a variety of hardware and software problems specific to technology.
- Document all resolutions in the Customer Support Center Ticketing Tool and meets all standards for Time to resolve as dictated by Management for Performance.
- Escalate to or consult with Lead when solution is unclear.
- Perform configuration and deployment of Mobile Devices, Laptops, Thin Clients, and Desktops and associated equipment according to schedule. This will require heavy lifting and moving of equipment.
- Perform Procurement, deployment, support and disposal of the software and hardware environment.
- Perform various Asset Control tasks on and off site.
- May be asked to provide guided network or systems support as the hands for customer HQ site specific needs.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools. This job is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched support to our clients.
Please note: One needs to work onsite in Lisle, IL once temporary remote work is lifted OR when asked to be onsite in the office.
- Highschool diploma with 3+ years of relevant prior experience.
- Experience preparing and deploying Dell Laptop and Desktop Devices with a Windows 10 Image to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Experience using the Remedy 9 driven ticketing systems and providing deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk.
- Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
- Focus on customer service.
- Can communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Can operate efficiently in the execution of standard operating procedures.
- Experience operating: network switches and routers, firewalls, preferably Palo Alto, load balancers, preferably F5.
- Experience working in data center and LAN closet facilities, including power, cooling, racks, cable plant and cable management.
- Experience in network monitoring and management.
Additional attributes that will help ensure success:
- Ability to independently prioritize and organize assigned tasks.
- Ability to support some after hours and weekend work, including on-call duties.
- Ability to follow technical guidance from team members and IT vendors.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.