The Leidos Intelligence Group has an exciting opening for a Chief Technologist to lead innovation and technology advancements for the Analysis Solutions Division. The Chief Technologist will lead intelligence tradecraft and analytics workflow modernization efforts that require data science, six sigma applications, and modern software solutions to bring differentiated capabilities to the Analysis Solutions Division customers – primarily focused on DIA and ODNI. This position requires a leader who is ready to both roll up their sleeves to solve hard, interesting problems as well as step back and set a technology vision for growing the business. You will be empowered to make necessary decisions but will also have the support from the business and a broad technical workforce to accomplish your responsibilities. Speaking of responsibilities, the below list comprises the main ones.
- Position the Analysis Solutions Division and extended Operation and Group for growth through development and delivery of differentiated solutions to capture new business and enhance existing program delivery
- Solve complex technology challenges by leveraging internal and external expertise
- Enhance recognition of Leidos as an Intelligence Tradecraft, Human Language Translation (HLT), and Mission Software solutions leader within the IC and across the federal government with focus primarily on DIA and ODNI operations tempo and mission drivers.
- Advance overall Group analytics solutions maturity by ensuring technology sharing across the organization
- Actively participate in the definition and execution of corporate and Group technology strategies and roadmaps
- Define capability development needs and coordinate execution with internal Principal Investigators and other technology stakeholders.
- Spend an estimated 50% of time directly supporting key captures and programs to ensure delivery of differentiated capabilities
- Identify and grow group analytics workforce capabilities by attracting new talent and developing training to up-skill existing employees
- Meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the company's credentials at solving hard, mission focused challenges
- Serve as a main stakeholder for AI/ML, Digital Modernization, and Software Development Accelerator projects ensuring Division requirements are represented in accelerator technology plans and accelerator capabilities are leveraged by Division captures and programs
- Drive Division internal and external technology engagement, working with the corporate External Technology Lead and Operation CTO to best leverage all sources of technology for the company including: universities, commercial partners, CRAD, IRAD, M&A, etc.
- Collaborate across Groups to maximize effectiveness of analytics investments and capabilities
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a Science, Engineering, or Technology field - Will consider experience in lieu of the Master's or PhD
- Recognized expert technologist with 15-20 year experience in mission software solutions related to intelligence tradecraft, human language translation, data science, or similar
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Location: Washington Metropolitan Area with ability to travel to customer sites across the region
- Potential for 10% travel beyond the WMA
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance is REQUIRED
This position can be also located in our Springfield VA, Reston VA, Chantilly VA or Gaithersburg MD locations.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.