Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Deputy Project Manager (DPM)/Program Execution Manager (PEM) shall act as the assistant lead, manager, and administrator for a large $1B SAFE/Agile software development program focused on a key IC customer. The DPM/PEM shall direct efforts of 40+ cross-competency teams, to include contractors at multiple locations, and shall serve as the secondary interface with Government program authorities and representatives on technical and project issues. The DPM/PEM shall focus on the overall execution of the technical activities on the program including next generation application and data lake development, legacy system cloud migration, system security, operations and maintenance. The DPM/PEM shall be available to backfill requirements of the PM, overseeing contractor personnel project operations by developing procedures; planning and directing execution of the contractual, technical, multi-disciplinary engineering, programming, maintenance, and administrative support effort; and monitoring and reporting progress. The DPM shall manage acquisition and employment of project resources and control financial and administrative aspects of the project.
The DPM will have the responsibility to:
• Assist the Program Manager, Financial Support Staff, and Contracts/Subcontracts Administrators in managing multiple efforts for both direct and indirect work to include IR&D, capture and proposal support.
• Manage staffing, finances and contractual aspects of the program, as directed by the PM.
• Manage business plans, and proposal work statements, including acting as a liaison with the customer for program business and financial related activities.
• Work with program management and technical team representatives to identify, analyze and report cost, risk and schedule variances.
• Develop and manage the delivery of life cycle software solutions and services designed to ensure mission success
• Manage and control cost, schedule and scope to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort
• Provide direction for operations and ensure compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures
• Provide recommendations for resolution of technical problems
• Regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy
• Detail technical and program inputs to internal and external reporting
• Lead teams in defining, planning, and implementing new approaches to efficiently complete assigned tasks
• Manage a team of subcontractors, maintaining effective communications and ensuring that the full range of subcontractor capabilities are effectively utilized in program execution
• Determine required resources for project completion and communicate needs to the leadership team
• Lead by example with professional, collaborative, and ethical conduct
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or related field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
• Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Project Management experience managing complex projects of a similar scope and complexity to the contract requirements.
• An active certification in one of the following:
i. Active PMI Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional.
ii. DAWIA Level III Program Management certification.
iii. FAC P/PM Level 3.
• A minimum of a current and active TS/SCI with poly
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.