Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a junior-Level Software Developer on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. The NOAA Cyber Security Center is seeking a qualified Software Developer to provide operations and engineering support for a growing program. The Software Developer will participate in the modernization and transformation of the NOAA Cyber Security Center’s (NCSC) Security Operations Center’s (SOC) capabilities through the development and implementation of several cyber security stack products, including Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR); Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); and other tools as assigned. Furthermore, this individual will be participate in activities to promote development and configuration automation, integrations with the enterprise Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) solution (ServiceNow), and improvement of system monitoring capabilities.
- Perform development on cybersecurity system components as assigned, to include Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Develop integrations between cybersecurity stack components as assigned.
- Draft and maintain system design documentation for all assigned system components according to system design life cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Analyze customer requirements and provide best approach, feasibility of implementation, level of effort feedback as necessary.
- Serve as liaison for professional services engagements, where available and as needed, to define and translate customer requirements.
- Other software development duties as assigned.
- Have strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal oversight
- Knowledge of development on classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance (STIG, CIS, DSS compliance, documentation, etc.)
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Distributed event streaming platforms (Apache Kafka, Cloudera, Informatica, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SIEM platforms (ArcSight, Elasticsearch, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience supporting Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) transformations.
- Experience supporting ServiceNow API development and integration
- Provided direct support to a Security Operation Center environment
- Familiarity with task automation
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree with 0-2 years of prior relevant experience .
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.