Leidos is seeking a Chief Staff Lead to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows Earned Value Management along with DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Chief Staff Lead will serve as a member of the program senior leadership team while reporting to the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager. The Chief Staff Lead responsibilities include leading the administrative and staffing activities on the program and acting as a key decision maker on all staffing and hiring decisions. Additionally, the Chief Staff Lead will provide leadership across the Business Team and Technical Leadership on program to ensure effective collaboration, coordination and communication. The Chief Staff Lead will be responsible for identifying and leading initiatives for process improvement across the senior leadership team in collaboration with program management.
- Report to the Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager
- Lead Administrative and Staffing activities and initiatives for the program
- Manage the Administrative, Staffing and PMO Support team
- Understand the workforce to aid in creating and executing initiatives to better the overall organization for our employees.
- Serve as the key decision maker on all staffing and hiring decisions to include labor categories, salary, bonuses, etc and ensure equity amongst peers in the program and organization
- Develop metrics and tracking mechanisms to monitor the effectiveness of our program recruitment and staffing processes and execute process improvement initiatives as needed
- Provide input to weekly, monthly and ad-hoc status reports for senior leadership, the customer and program management
- Work with Business Team to ensure the work within their respective CA or TTO is adequately staffed and assist them in addressing and forecasting staffing needs
- Lead and support internal meetings, inclusive of agenda development and management, with the Business and Technical Team Leadership for effective communication, collaboration and coordination
- Responsible for internal and external events and key meetings, including oversight of key group meetings and events that align with the organization.
- Facilitate internal (within the team) and external (to leadership/management) communication to provide transparency and accountability
- Collaborate with the Agile organization charged with delivering the work to ensure effective coordination and communication with the Business Team
- Participate in any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness on program priorities
- Participate in the monthly business rhythm of the program with the Business Team as needed
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be proactively raised and communicated with an emphasis on problem solving and continuous learning
- Ensure assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Effectively communicate and manage assignment progress to meet deadlines
- Apply judgment to the most complex planning, design, technical and/or management functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- Eight (8) years of experience in project or program leadership
- Four (4) years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Experience working within an Agile environment or program
- Prior leadership experience, managing direct reports, as well as functional staff
- Ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and excellent interpersonal and communications skills required
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple sites and complex issues at any given time required
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must have active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- A PMP or similar Project Management or Program Management credential
- A CSM or other Scrum Master credential or coursework
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework agile methodology
- Experience with end-to-end program staffing and onboarding activities
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.