The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos (in Arlington, VA) currently has an opening for full-time Administrative Assistant – in the Signal Processing Business Area. LInC focuses on research and development (R&D) and technical innovation to solve complex Customer needs. Leidos is looking for you, to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. As part of the team, you’ll focus on supporting our incredible people – from new employees to senior employees and management out of our Arlington, VA office. You will work with local and Division Management to ensure that our employees receive the administrative support so that together we can fully focus on the critical missions of our customers.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
You’ll work alongside a team of Administrative Assistants, and will support a mix of the following activities:
• Perform a wide range of office management and coordination tasks with limited supervision.
• Support recruitment and hiring by scheduling and supporting job fairs, candidate interviews, post-interview follow-up, candidate tracking, and new employee orientation and on-boarding.
• Work with management to ensure employees are routinely communicated with regarding company news, policy changes, and any other information employees may require. You may also support and maintain a document repository of technical reports, proposals, and other documents as required.
• Schedule, help plan, and facilitate meetings ranging from small team meetings to town halls with senior management. These meetings will include larger scale conferences and workshops that require strong event planning skills and experience. Additionally, you will help plan recreational and team building events.
• Utilize a variety of management information systems/business information systems in support of employees and management (e.g., travel requests, purchasing requests etc.).
• Be called upon to support any number of support tasks and office management functions so must readily adapt to new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude
• Must be U.S. Citizen and eligible for a clearanc
• High school or equivalent degree
• 2+ years’ relevant experience as an administrative assistant, office coordinator/manager, event coordinator, or receptionist
• Possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people in large office environments
• Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and follow-through
• Fluency with web browsing, Microsoft Office applications, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) / management information systems (MIS) e.g., Workday, Salesforce, Costpoint, Ariba, etc.
• Basic event planning expertise
• Active clearance
• BA or BS degree
• Basic document editing, desktop publishing, and document production
• Proven event planning expertise that includes larger conferences and workshops
• Human resource/employee relations experience
• Familiarity with information management and handling sensitive employee information to include Privacy protected information
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.