Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Solution Architect with demonstrated experience in systems design, development and security. The ideal candidate will also possess an understanding of Systems Engineering, Risk and Opportunity Management. The candidate will be able to lead technical requirements analysis, systems design and analysis of new capabilities including CONOPS Development.
Successful candidates must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
Position responsibilities will include:
• Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the SSA’s Innovation Lab and program project portfolio.
• Define and apply systems engineering processes to perform an analysis of alternatives and to provide suggested solutions that meet customer requirements.
• Gather information on specific innovation program projects and service needs and provide inputs to specifications and development of PoC’s for the customer.
• Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by future development and test teams.
• Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
• Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
• Research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documents that will include but not be limited to: technical diagrams, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference materials, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Possess ability and experience to mentor, supervise, and manage team members.
- This candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of experience. Years of proven experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or over 15 years of system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Key Management Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of cloud technologies, architecture and security.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding of complex system development methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Solid Experience as Senior Solution Architect Leader/Team Player Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with System Architecture design and description concepts including
- Architecture design
- System modeling tools
- Entity Relationship Diagram modeling
- Data Flow modeling
- Business Processing modeling
- Design refinement with workflows and use cases
- Architecture forms including centralized, client-server, distributed, virtualized, and cloud based
- Data replication, sharing, and shadowing
- Disaster Recovery and Backup strategies
- Containerized environments and deployment including Docker
- Familiarity with Agile processes including
- Agile / Scrum
- Tools and environment such as jira, VersionOne
- Agile use, automation, configuration, tracking, and optimization
- Knowledge of Networking and Interface technologies including
- Web services including RESTful and SOAP
- Documentation with IETF/RFCs
- OpenAPI standards
- Understanding of cyber security threats, technologies and countermeasures with knowledge and experience in:
- Windows, Unix and Linux hardening
- Security tools and enforcement
- Patch management and enforcement
- Authentication, integrity, and confidentiality services and implementation
- Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates, revocation checking, cert validation
- Security systems development, testing, analysis and implementation
- Security+ Certification is a plus
- Strong background in database technologies with Administration and Engineering in one or more of the following technologies: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Experience with programing and scripting
- Strong background in Requirements Specification and Management with
- Requirements specification and control processes
- Requirements in an agile environment
- Requirements traceability from architecture development through Test, Accreditation, and Deployment
- Understanding of full life-cycle testing with
- Test planning, conduct, reporting
- Client-Server environments
- Web services testing
- Test automation
- Performance and load testing
- Analysis and Metrics of testing
- Experience with proposals including:
- Analyzing and responding to requirements
- Participation in demonstrations and presentations
- Development of Resource Loaded Network (RLN) schedules
- Development of Bills of Material (BOM)
- Proficiency with MS Office products including
- Office applications Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint
- Office tool automation/scripting (Word, Excel, Access)
- General writing and organizational skills are needed
Education & Qualifications
• Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or over 15 years of system engineering experience.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of Key Management Infrastructure.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of cloud technologies, architecture and security.
• Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
• Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
• Understanding of complex system development methodologies.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.