Leidos is seeking a Tech Writer/ Documents Specialist for a 150+ FTE technical development program supporting the Sponsor’s Entitlement Programs as well as IdAM /ICAM, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes and Digital Policy Management. This position is located in the Reston, VA area and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Tech Writer/Document Specialist is responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. Types of writing and editing could include, technical, creative, digital, marketing, and product development. Duties may include designing and developing technical manuals, brochures, training materials, or other documentation for internal use, customer reference, marketing, or other purposes.
- Perform a large variety of editorial functions, which include: formatting and stylesheet verification, editing, rewriting, revising, writing, and proofreading
- Will be responsible for editing reports, responses, and briefings directed to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Translate technical material into easy to consume user guides, manuals, and publications
- Perform QA reviews of products to ensure the information is useful and clear
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets internal standards
- Translate intricate products and services information into engaging content to set our users up for success
- Maintain detailed databases of materials for reference
- Evaluate content for inventive approaches for improvement through whitepapers
- Take ownership for projects and insure delivery within specified quality standards
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to process and business practices
- Effectively communicate with authors, Sponsors and leadership to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience editing and writing technical articles, publications, etc.
- Excellent written an verbal communication
- An eye for detail
- Prior experience working with highly technical teams
- Prior experience in the Sponsor’s environment and familiarity with Sponsor formats and styles
- Familiarity with IdAM / ICAM delivery systems, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes, Entitlement Management and Digital Policy Management
- Must have familiarity with security accreditation process and associated documentation requirements
- Familiarity with the Sponsor’s entitlement management programs
- Understanding of the Software Development Process in an Agile environment
- Previous Software Development or Scrum Master experience
- Proven experience successfully documenting the Sponsor’s security accreditation process
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.