We are excited to announce our opening for a Manager, Supply Chain Program Strategy on our Procurement and Enterprise Partnerships team in the Reston, VA or Rockville, MD area! This opportunity calls for experience helping our organization’s mission. The role of the Manager, Supply Chain Program Strategy will include, but not limited to, managing a team who coordinates with sourcing, operations, design engineering, suppliers, production, and logistics. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. In addition, the role includes developing material strategies, identifying and mitigating program risks and opportunities as they pertain to material requirements; oversight of reporting/tracking all program material activities; achieving programs’ material budget objectives; oversee the management of program purchase requirements to lead time schedule; leading in sourcing process improvement projects (both Supply Chain and Program); managerial oversight of resolving Supply Chain Procurement issues for the program and resolving program material cost problems.
*Open to applicants outside of the DMV area to sit remotely*
- Serve as a leader in the Procurement and Enterprise Partnerships with oversight of Material Planning, Procurement Engineering, and Material Project Managers (~10 direct reports)
- Job responsibilities associated with supplier management, business process re-engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments
- Leader must have experience in Project planning, scheduling, coordination, with demonstrated history of developing technical solutions that meet program requirements
- Candidate must have strong understanding of developing BOMs, ROMs, and resource planning
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution
- Leads teams of supplier and internal staff in collaboratively solving problems in cost/value engineering, affordability, and technical solutions
- This individual should be a self-starter and someone that is flexible and is able to work independently at a higher level
- BA degree and 6+years in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Operations, or technical related field. MBA or MS and 4+ years of related experience
- IT background, supplier management, material pricing, project planning, and proposal strategy experience
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain and related systems along with material procurement
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organization and program levels
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and quick learner, capable of supporting efforts to achieve goals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Working knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Knowledge of customer flow through requirements such as FAR, ITAR, OFFSET, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and public law
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- Supply Chain Management and/or engineering experience
- PMP and/or supply chain and procurement certifications
- Strategic thinking ability with tactical application of strategies for program execution
- Subcontracts/Procurement/Engineering/Supply Chain Experience
- Strong understanding of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR)
- PowerBI or equivalent experience preferred
- Logistics, Warehouse, and Transportation
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.