Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Leidos Europe Ltd is seeking a Service Desk Analyst to work in the Service Desk team within the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme. Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain
Are you ready to make an impact?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities :
Responsible for providing first line technical assistance to customers, relating to both company-supported and military specification computer applications and platforms. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions. Ensures that customers are satisfied with the response and that it meets their quality expectations.
- Provide first line customer support in response to incidents and requests
- Support includes technical assistance for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware to include company-supported and military specification computer applications and platforms
- Effective time management, capable of prioritising work at short notice with little or no additional support and working unsupervised
- The identification and monitoring of conflicts in priorities, and proposals for resolution, for discussion with the Leidos Service
- Continuous identification and monitoring of support workload, to ensure application and hosted environments are supported in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with business priorities
- Proactive administration for each of Team Leidos environments to ensure optimum performance, reliability and security
- Maintain a professional relationship with all Team Leidos business partners and other core service providers
- There will be out of normal office hours working, and travel to other offices, from time to time
- Regular and accurate maintenance of ticket progress information on an internal service desk system, this includes updating every ticket assigned to you on a daily basis to ensure all users receive high level of IT support.
- Peer review and ensure own work is peer reviewed as appropriate
- Carry out such other duties and take on additional responsibilities as may be agreed from time to time
- Respond to interactions either in person, over the phone, via e-mail, and/or through formal ticketing systems
- Where the customer issue extends beyond first line support remit, correctly categorize and route the interaction to the appropriate second line resolver team, both inside and outside the company
- Write end-user training manuals, guides, and FAQ documents.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Install, modify, and repair Windows-based desktop and laptop computer hardware and software
- Work with hardware and software vendors to resolve end-user problems
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Able to diagnose and resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Install computer peripherals for end-users
- Use available knowledge base to answer problems and questions
- Follow standard service desk procedures
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Experience with IT service management tools or a similar ticket system a plus
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology is advantageous
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
- You must be eligible for a Baseline Security Clearance
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.