Leidos is seeking a Tier III Help Desk Engineer to work remotely supporting the DHMSM contract. The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
*** Must agree to working in a shift environment, currently two, 8 hour shifts covering operations 0800-2000 ET, Monday-Friday, may change to three, 8 hour shifts in future
- Provide Tier III project-level Service Desk functions to include evaluating, processing/resolving, reporting, and tracking of trouble tickets.
- Monitor trouble ticket queues, entering and managing software problem incidents
- Review trouble tickets to ensure documented information is complete, accurate, and sufficient to facilitate reproduction and analysis of the issue
- Coordinate with the Tier 1 support center staff and/or ticket originator to confirm or obtain additional information and assign classification and priority to facilitate timely processing
- Communicate and collaborate with Tier II and other stakeholders for resolution of issues
- Manage the User Account provision processing and troubleshooting
- Handle routine tasks with no assistance and complete new assignments with general instructions
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature, using engineering judgement to resolve issues and make recommendations
- Follow standard practices and procedures
- Work closely with other Development and DevOps team members to ensure timely ticket triage.
- Technical BS Degree and 5+ years of prior relevant operational software support experience
- US Citizen with current US Government clearance; ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Must agree to working in a shift environment, currently two, 8 hour shifts covering operations 0800-2000 ET, Monday-Friday, may change to three, 8 hour shifts in future
- Ability to interact and assist customer team members, at a variety of levels and technical capabilities, including high levels of management, executive and military leadership.
- Must be able to learn quickly, work independently, be detail-oriented, and excellent time management skills
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Must have the ability to own a technical task and work it to completion
- Extensive hands-on experience in an operations support role.
- Tier III experience troubleshooting user issues and gathering information to support resolution
- Experience with ServiceNow ticket management tool
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience supporting software applications in an AWS cloud environment
- Experience scripting (Bash, Python) in a Linux (RHEL) environment
- Current DHA clearance, DHA-issued CAC, and DHA administrator accesses
- Intermediate experience with large-scale, complex enterprise system of systems integration and deployment
- Intermediate experience working with Active Directory
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, etc)
- Experience using and/or maintaining development and automation tools such as Git, Jira, Terraform, Cloudformation, Packer, Consul, Vault, Kubernetes, Maven
- Experience troubleshooting application environments including the following technologies:
- CSS / HTML
- REST API’s (JSON, XML)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Container Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Spring based microservices
- Experience with the following technologies is desired:
- CI/CD pipeline automation (GitLab CI, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- Container/Artifact Registries (e.g. GitLab, Nexus, Harbor)
- Experience with Cybersecurity tools and process
- Experience with Identity and Access Management
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.