QTC, a subsidiary of Leidos, seeks a Vice President of Application Development to lead our Product Management, Software Engineering and Software Quality Assurance teams within our corporate IT department.
Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located near San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; or Malvern, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, developing, and training talented, creative and innovative IT resources
- Establish and enforce the tools, techniques, principles, and practices of the Application Development Department
- Responsible for creating and maintaining highly effective internal partnerships with all IT and business departments
- Execute action items resulting from Root Cause Analysis (RCA) sessions to avoid future production defects
- Provide business, data, application and technology consulting in pre-feasibility and feasibility discussions with IT team members and business partners
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the IT teams for project-level architectures and design work on all application platform modules
- Lead the technical review component of vendor software package evaluation projects
- Translate business requirements into functional service designs and create service models along with supporting technical documentation
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise technology services
- Perform peer reviews of designs and solution proposals to ensure conformance to current practice and quality of work being generated
- Direct new business prospects and contracts support for special programs in support of potential new business
- Ensure successful new product launches by partnering with key stakeholders to ensure each is prepared for delivery and deployment company-wide
- Utilize industry expertise to develop a strong working knowledge of proprietary software in support of roadmap initiatives
- Oversee and direct support of Microsoft Team Foundation Server throughout the SDLC to include but not limited to all Scrum ceremonies and activities: sprint planning, sprint grooming, sprint retrospective, progress and assignment of tasks, defects, burn-down and bum rate, change requests or requirements scope creep and status of progress
- Lead and facilitate ‘make vs. buy’ decisions based on the IT roadmap, timelines, and staff technical competency
- Partner with teams to manage stakeholder expectations as needed
- Ensures team success through mentoring, professional development, and conflict resolution
- Consult with users, product owners, scrum masters, development, infrastructure, and service desk to determine software/system functionality and scope of epics and user stories
- Responsible for reviewing and providing peer-review feedback for business requirements, user stories, technical design documents, and QA test plans
- Use discretion and expert judgment to establish level of effort for PMG, Development, and QA activities
- Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developers (DEV), QA members, Database Administrator (DBA), Configuration Management/Release Team, IT Compliance and Security, Infrastructure (INF), and management in an Agile environment
- Accountable for tracking and reporting key testing metrics to Product Management Group (PMG), DEV, INF, and management
- Perform leadership and management responsibilities for Product Management, Development and Software QA teams (i.e. hire, terminate, performance evaluations, workload management, etc.)
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic application projects assigned by CIO and other senior management team members in support of company goals
- Responsible for prioritizing delivery of operational process improvement projects identified by customers and stakeholders within an Agile Scrum SDLC methodology
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Master project management skills with ability to drive performance across a portfolio of projects while supporting process improvement initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Cross-functional relationship-building skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects; proven leadership ability to drive team success despite competing priorities
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate effectively; pro-active leadership style
- Exceptional technical knowledge in software development and design methodologies, network engineering, Agile Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of Production Application Infrastructure (IIS, Security, Server Setup, Load Balancing, Replication, Disaster Recovery, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of the design and implementation of Application Architecture using SOA Principles. Knowledge of .Net, ASP .Net, C#, XML, XSLT, HTML, Java Script, SQL Server Database, Oracle Database is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Design and Development
- Thorough knowledge of product(s) and market(s) served with understanding of ‘make vs. buy’ decision including elicitations, analysis, and recommendation
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 20 years managing large teams of Information Technology, Project Management, Software QA, and systems / application design and development
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle including but not limited to architecting solutions, designing applications, coding, unit testing and implementing utilizing a variety of tools and technologies.
- MS Certification in .Net technology preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.