QTC, a subsidiary of Leidos, seeks a Vice President, IT Infrastructure and Support Services to provide leadership and vision driving automation of our IT infrastructure leveraging cloud and on premise technologies to support business agility and maximize efficiencies.
Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located near San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; or Malvern, PA.
The Vice President, IT Infrastructure and Support Services is responsible for defining and driving the plans to build and evolve our infrastructure technology teams to support QTC’s plans for strategic growth. The leader will be data driven utilizing key metrics to measure internal and external operational level agreements to provide quality, reliable infrastructure; including workstations, servers, network, telecommunication, security/compliance and Service Desk support services to help the company successfully deliver on existing commitments as well as to support the future growth across different lines of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the infrastructure and technology operations strategy to support the business needs for scalability, growing demand for capacity and associated Quality of Service (e.g. performance, reliability and disaster recovery measures). Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Drive the execution on infrastructure and technology operations initiatives and projects to achieve the expected scalability, performance and availability goals, using internal and external resources. Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Support business growth initiatives from an infrastructure readiness point of view by aligning the technology vision with business strategy. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for infrastructure spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement the service, people, and management processes necessary for delivering the right set of services at the right level for the enterprise.
- Maintain and present to Executive team on a regular basis support metrics such as critical issue escalations, issue volumes, staff productivity levels, and overall health of software and infrastructure technology platforms.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies. Prioritize across the business the long-term goals and roadmap for IT infrastructure technology and support services through internal and external outsourced teams.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business needs and associated processes, and system alterations and innovations to meet existing and future growth opportunities.
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Provide reliable technical assessments of potential acquisitions.
- Continue to assess and outsource non-core IT services to provide further focus on the key QTC IT technology platforms.
- Expand strategy to expand services in providing complete managed services of QTC IT Infrastructure and Applications for external clients in the future.
- Responsible for the performance and integrity of the QTC Systems and Infrastructure.
- Partner with the CIO and rest of IT management in developing systems, networking, telecommunication, and security/compliance along with other infrastructure strategies and standards for the organization.
- Coordinate with various functional business unit managers to support their systems (e.g. PC, Telephone, off-the shelf and internal QTC applications) to meet established Service Level Agreements.
- Oversee maintenance and architecture of local and wide area network.
- Provide day-to-day mentoring and management of the IT systems and networking team members
- Work with CIO, Business Units, and Finance on Technology and IT Infrastructure budget planning and management.
- Coordinate with external vendors/contractors to meet organizational goals.
- Plan and implement additions, deletions, and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure company-wide in coordination with corporate leadership, including moves and expansions.
- Anticipate future network needs, and identify proactive solutions to satisfy requirements.
- Continue to expand virtualization of servers as well as other measures to ensure continuous cost reduction and maximum efficiency across QTC IT infrastructure.
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery plans are in place and are tested at least once per year.
- Oversee the planning and management of the company's telephone system, call routing, and other telecommunication needs and manage company-wide upgrade efforts.
- Oversee the management of corporate IT Help Desk activities and resolves escalated issues when necessary.
- Responsible for staff oversight to ensure new IT systems operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall company goals and objectives.
- Develop and document company's Information Technology systems policies and procedures; enforces standard company IT policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated pro-active management style
- Ability to make sound business decisions that are in alignment with organizational goals
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends as needed
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/combined education
- Minimum of 20 years previous Information Systems management experience
- Minimum of 15 years previous Computer Network development experience
- Experience with enterprise-wide security, NIST and HIPAA compliance and working closely with internal and external system auditors
- Must be able to obtain IAM Level III or IASAE III certification for 8570 requirement
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.